When you buy a product or service from a business that's a member of the National Kitchen & Bath Association, you know that company has agreed to be bound by the NKBA's code of professional conduct, which requires that the company will:
- Conduct its business in a manner that's honorable and fair to customers.
- Avoid conflicts of interest by accepting payment from only one party in a transaction, except with the express consent of all parties.
- Never make false or misleading statements to consumers, employees, or other businesses.
- Disclose all interest charges and other fees to consumers up front.
- Help customers to understand and receive all the products and services entitled to them in the sales agreement.
- Offer services without prejudice to age, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, or veteran status.
- Refrain from using any questionable methods of soliciting business.
- Cooperate with other industry members for the good of the customer.